Can we build community online?
And if we can, how?
These questions are on the mind of local church leaders and global non-profit organizations. It is also on the mind of both those who are eager to come back to church and those who will not step back into a church building. This question is pregnant with potential and the unknown. This is about much more than how to be a face in a box. There are big, philosophical questions to answer:
And there are practical, tactical questions to answer:
- Who will the church be in this digital world?
- How will the church work in the digital world?
- What tools, training, or perspectives do we need in order to be the church in the digital world?
- Is it possible to facilitate meaningful conversation between people - even strangers? And if so, how do we do it?
- What does it look like to be fully present when you are not in person?
- How do you read a room when you have fewer non-verbals to work with?
- How do you interrupt a vulnerable conversation in order to facilitate a conversation that allows everyone to participate when you are all on screens?
With these questions and opportunities to learn in mind, my team and I are offering Digital Hospitality Cohorts.
These curated small groups will be a combination of training, contextualized experience, and group feedback and reflection. These cohorts will:
- Include up to 9 persons who meet weekly for 6 weeks.
- Allow time and space to practice Digital Hospitality in real-time, and in your own contexts.
- Give times of reflection together on our learnings and the application of those learnings.
- Incorporate readings on early and current ways of Christian Hospitality - both modern and ancient - and current best practices of welcoming in the digital space.
The Fall Cohort
runs from September 2022-October 2022. At the end of the cohort, you will:
- Experience community in the digital space.
- Have tangible ways to practice hospitality in the digital space.
- Be prepared to open up, engage, and build community in the digital space.
$497 per person (group rates are available upon request)
Scroll down to apply!
We'd love to have you join us!